The Fine Print
Our terms and conditions
- FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Prices stated on the website are inclusive of GST and landing fees unless stated otherwise.
- All prices are per seat unless otherwise stated. This means your flight may be shared with others.
- Private flights can be organised, these are quoted directly.
- Prices and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, bank transfer and cash accepted.
- All flights need to be paid for in full before going ahead unless a prior agreement is made in writing between Milford Helicopter and subsequent party.
- A 48-hour cancellation notice is required from passengers.
- If cancelling within 48 hours, 50% deposit will be kept.
- If cancelling within 24 hours, 100% deposit will be kept.
- No-shows at the time of departure will be charged in full and will not receive a refund.
- All flights cancelled by Milford Helicopter Services will receive a full refund of the amount paid.
- Refunds are made at the company’s discretion in the event of special circumstances.
- For the safety of our staff and passengers, we ask if you are unwell to please contact us via phone or email and to stay away from our premises.
- If you are unable to fly due to a confirmed COVID-19 case, we will do our best to reschedule your flight for an alternative day or time.
- Otherwise, a refund for the amount paid will be organised.
- Any refund approved by Milford Helicopter will be refunded using the same method in which the amount was paid.
- If you have booked through a third party – this would need to be directed to them for a refund. Milford Helicopter cannot pay a refund in place of a third party.
- All flights are subject to weather conditions on the day.
- If we are unable to run the flight at the time you booked due to unpredictable weather conditions, we will do our best to reschedule your helicopter flight for an alternative time/day.
- We ask for all passengers to contact us at least 24 hours before their flight. This is to check in regarding the weather conditions.
FLIGHT PATH AND LANDINGS
- Flights, landings and routes may vary due to weather and at the pilot’s discretion.
- Flight times are approximate and include your landing (if there is a landing included during your flight).
- Milford Helicopter Services reserves the right to combine different length flights.
- All duration times are approximate.
- Flights require a minimum number of passengers to operate.
- This is dependent on the helicopter type used for the flight.
HELICOPTER WEIGHT LIMITS
- The maximum weight limit per person is 130kgs, while the total 6 passenger weight limit may not exceed 600kgs.
- Guests over the weight limit may be required to purchase two seats.
CHILDREN AND INFANTS
- Children and infants under 4 years of age can travel on the adult’s lap.
- Children and infants are still classed as passengers in the aircraft, and we are unable to exceed the total number of passengers available for the specific aircraft.
- Because of this, children and infants are still required to purchase a seat, albeit at a discount.
- We have children and infant earmuffs and headsets available for use.
WHAT TO BRING
- For flights making a landing, we strongly recommend comfortable and stable shoes that are appropriate for walking on rocky and uneven ground.
- Comfortable and warm clothing is recommended.
- Flights for Milford Helicopters originate from Milford Aerodrome in Milford Sound.
- We often capture photos and/or videos during your flight/experience with us. These are for marketing purposes.
- Milford Helicopters and or the photographer/videographer hold unlimited and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs and/or videos in which you may be included in.
- This imagery may be used for (but is not limited to) editorial, trade, advertising, and other marketing purposes in any manner and medium. Milford Helicopters reserves the right to alter or composite the same without restriction and without your inspection or approval.
- We will endeavour to take all practical steps to consult with you prior to publishing any imagery where you feature, however this cannot be guaranteed.
- Please advise us in advance via writing if you do not wish to be photographed or filmed.